Here are some things I've learned the past six days:
- It doesn't matter how old you are, sometimes you still need your mommy.
- Just because you've gotten A's in school doesn't mean you get an A in life.
- Cacti are really, really cool in the desert.
- Marriage is awesome and it sucks to be away from your spouse for an extended period of time.
- I drove forty miles on a five-lane highway, had a rough first day of work, and made it back to where I am staying without taking a Xanax, crying, or being scared. Sometimes confidence peeks out when you least expect it and more importantly, when you most need it.
- Just because technically you don't have home doesn't mean you still can't miss it.
- California is as beautiful as I remember.
Well, I should have time to tell all my stories this weekend. Later!