Thursday, May 8, 2014

Since the last time I was here...

...I turned 31.

this is me being 31.


...the trees in our yard began to bloom.  It has snowed, rained, and hailed around here.  I am excited to get some geraniums for the patio, they seem to be the only flower I manage to keep alive. 
Pray don't talk to me about the weather, Mr. Worthing. Whenever people talk to me about the weather, I always feel quite certain that they mean something else. And that makes me quite nervous. -Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest
...Bobaloo made this recipe for meatball sub hotdish.  Move over macaroni and cheese there is a new comfort food in town.  We made ours with meatless meatballs and dang, this thing is good.  For real.

...April and now May have been proving to be a bit difficult for me.  I think the season change triggered some junk in my head.  My days are spent oscillating between listlessness and and restlessness. 
April is the cruelest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land, mixing memory and desire, stirring dull roots with spring rain. -T.S. Eliot, The Waste Land
...In other words, my brain is having a hard time connecting the dots.  Again.

...But when my noggin starts acting up it seems to be a good time to take on some creative activities, so that's the plan.

...I haven't been a complete mope.  There has been plenty around here to keep my busy.  Bowling, books, museums, deviled egg competitions, music shows, movies, sunny patio days, etc.

Well, that about catches me up.  What have you been up to?  I hope your spring has been a gentle one.

4 comments:

  1. Did you win the develed egg competition? Yum. I like those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, third year in a row. He made cottage cheese deviled eggs and green eggs and ham. The presentation was excellent.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I do too. Well anything bright and colorful!

      Delete

Hey you! Got somethin' to say?