Thursday, August 25, 2011

Last Friday Bobaloo took me to Red Rocks to see Atmosphere. I am not characteristically a hip hop fan, but since my little brother introduced me to the group, I have been rocking out to them on my iPod on my walks.

The show was fun and the company was awesome too.

Before last Friday, the most recent shows I saw were Widespread Panic back in June. Three days of fun, I tell ya.
The Panic shows were also Red Rocks.

Why does music sound better in the summer?

We bumped into an acquaintance of Bobaloo’s last Friday at the show and he commented that he could only imagine what is on our iPods at home with the different types of shows we go to.

Sticking to one genre is so boring, don’t you think? Variety is the proverbial spice of life.

I bought a record player a couple of months ago. On the weekends I like to go to Goodwill and Arc to comb through records. I’ve found a few gems.

I prefer records to CDs. I prefer CDs to iMusic. There something about listening to an album in the order it was intended and not just pushing shuffle.

Shuffling is chaotic. I enjoy the tidiness of an album.

What have you been diggin’ on lately?

2 comments:

  1. I have a really varied taste of music also - Christian, rap, bob, R & B, rock, Broadway soundtracks, some country, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is absolutely nothing better than listening to a vinyl. I definitely get that obsession from my grandfather. He used to let me pick out a couple of records to listen to every time I visited. It was our special time together.

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Got somethin' to say?