This blog everyday in July prompt is a fun one. Take us on a tour of your city.
I live just west of Denver and there is a lot to do around here. Here are some cool things around town if you ever make a visit:
1. Heritage Square is a cute little amusement village that has shops, rides, and the like. The highlight of the park though is the alpine slide. I think the ride up the chairlift is far scarier than going down.
2. Gambling in Black Hawk/Central City. I'm not much of a gambler but it's neat to run up there every once in a while.
3. The Colorado Railroad Museum is awesome. It's 15 acres of trains, trains, trains. Bobaloo and I had tons of fun visiting.
4. Need some healing water? Mother Cabrini Shrine is the place to go. To reach the Jesus statue, you need to hike up 373 stairs.
5. The Colorado School of Mines Geology Museum has awesome displays of rocks, minerals, and gems. I'm no geologist, but this place rocks.
6. Bobaloo and I finally made it to UCAR last year. There is a self-guided tour and you learn a lot about weather and get to play with clouds. We also watched a very interesting video about pine beetles.
7. Tiny Town! Anytime I take someone here they find it pretty underwhelming, but I love it. It's hard to explain its magnificence. It's a park with miniature (tiny) buildings and there's a train that you can ride to see the whole town. Here's a link.
8. Celestial Seasonings is up in Boulder and offers tours. The highlight of the tour is the mint room, where they store the mint tea. Take one whiff and your sinuses are cleared.
9. Lookout Mountain has a cool nature center and is also home to Buffalo Bill's grave. Up top provides beautiful views and my favorite tourist gift shop. Sometimes you can see paragliders which is both awesome and nerve-racking.
10. The Coors Brewery is a must-see. The tour is self-guided and you get three free beers at the end. Hear, hear for beer!
And last but not least, Red Rocks.