I came out here and found an apartment that is too small, had my identity stolen, and last week had to buy a new starter for the old Taurus. Not to mention the stress of Bobaloo looking for a job and the both of us trying to adapt to a new place and a new life and missing Denver quite a bit. It's been a rough run.
We have been doing our best to stay positive and have been doing everything karmicly (I don't think that's a word) possible to turn things around.
Here is some awesomeness amidst the calamity:
- I get the biggest kick out of the weather forecast on the news. Here is an example of a typical forecast: Today we're expecting it to be nice, tomorrow we are expecting another beautiful day, but look out, the temps are going to plummet to 55 on Saturday. Ha!
- Pacific and Mission beaches have the best people watching in town.
- We had our maiden voyage to Trader Joe's last weekend. Wow. There was no possible way for me to contain my excitement and focus there. We found such low-priced delights as vodka, green bean chips, and soy chorizo. Soy chorizo! If that is out there, think of the possibilities! The chorizo was muy delicioso by the way.
- The Little Italy farmers market is charming. It is quaint and there are all sorts of fresh goodies and samples. I love samples.
- The Aero-Club Bar is a friendly neighborhood joint we found last week with good peeps and good booze.
- We mysteriously have cable. I do not know how long it will last but I am enjoying every second of it.
- I get to see my sis-in-law and nephew on a bi-weekly basis. It is neat to see the little guy trying to say new things and getting big. Plus, I get to look forward to being an aunt to forthcoming baby two.
- Last but not least, it is April and I have a tan.