Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 03

Another month, another challenge...

Describe where or what you come from.  The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.

I come from...

 
There is a lot of water there.  And it is a very, very cold place to live in the winter.
 
The house I grew up in is very, very blue. 


My parents used to (maybe they still do) have a competition with the neighbors to see who would keep their Christmas wreath up the longest.  It wouldn't be weird for that wreath to still be hanging up in August.  I think I get my quirky sense of humor from them.
 
This is me with my family, pre-Kyle.  He came later.  Much, much later.

Nice 'stache Pops!


 
 
This is us last summer.  We don't all get together very often so when we do we try to take a family picture (even if it's at a funeral!). 

They are my very beginning.  They are who I come from.

7 comments:

  1. We had a year round X-mas doormat in the seventies. People made fun of us.

    That was fun, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny! I totally forgot about the wreath thing until I saw this picture, when I was little it never once occurred to me that we had the wreath up in the summer.

      PS - Like your new pic!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a serious amount of snow! I love the idea of having a competition with the neighbours, sounds like it was fun :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for the follow Jill. I would love to follow you too but I'm not sure how :-)

      Delete
    3. I do not miss the weather there one bit. We get plenty of snow here in Colorado, it just melts a heck of a lot faster. Thanks for stopping by! PS - I fixed my follow button.

      Delete
  3. I really like your blog! I love the snow! Thanks for sharing :D

    http://thingsaccordingtobadgergirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Got somethin' to say?