Wednesday, June 19, 2013

If you hurry and call our operators right now...

I have a small addiction to infomercials.  I do not especially care to watch the infomercials that promise abs, hair removal, or a clean house (although I desperately want a Roomba).  No, I have a strange fascination with infomercial kitchen gadgets!  This is particularly odd because I am not the cook in the family.  At all.  Ever.

It all started with the Magic Bullet, which is a blender/chopper/pulser/whipper/whatever.  I have to admit I used to watch the infomercial quite often when I was plagued with a hangover because it was so hilarious and featured this gem of a character named Hazel.
 
Thoughts: The Magic Bullet is nice and dishwasher friendly. Outside of making a few initial smoothies, it’s been in storage ever since.
-------------
Have you read the Amazon reviews for the Hutzler 571 Banana Slicer?  They are hysterical!  I ended up buying one at King Soopers for 79 cents.
Thoughts: Effective, I guess.  I don't really slice bananas on a regular basis.
-------------
My absolute favorite kitchen gadget is the Presto Pizzazz Plus rotating oven.  My mom gave it to me for Christmas and I am in love.
Thoughts: Love at first pizza.
-------------
I was inspired to write this post because earlier in the week I was about to dice some potatoes the old-fashioned way until I remembered we had a Veg-O-Matic that Bobaloo got as a white elephant gift last Christmas.  In a word...Amazing.  It took minutes off the laborious task of potato slicing and dicing.

Thoughts: This puppy is staying out on the counter.
-------------
This brings me to another thought.  Perhaps I missed my calling?  Infomercial actress!  With my clumsiness and ability to spill, I'd be a natural.

 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. I never woulda thought that about you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I know. I think I like the exaggeration of it all. My favorite recently is the Flavorwave oven infomercial that stars none other than the famous Mr. T. Classic.

      Delete
  2. This is the best thing ever.
    I love the collection of commercial gifs.
    hahaha I want to try that vegetable chopper thingy.
    Looks convenient!

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Got somethin' to say?