Monday, February 2, 2009

Are you there internet? It's me Jill

Dear Internet,

I never knew how much I would miss not having you around. I actually looked forward to coming to work today because you were broken at home. All weekend, if I wanted to see you I had to go to the library.

My Facebook status has been stagnant, my bank accounts have gone unchecked, my blog unwritten in, and my inbox slowly filled with junk mail. I could not watch my favorite HBO shows or read the newest headlines.

What was I to do? I did not have anyone to have virtual happy hour with. I did my homework because there was not an easily accessible procrastination tool that could compare to you.

I cleaned. Yes, you heard me. Things got desperate on a boring Sunday night without you.

I hope that we will be together again by the end of today. I did not realize how much I needed you. Please come back.

Love,

Jill

1 comment:

  1. I'm considering an internet/ phone free weekend once a month but I don't know if I can handle it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Got somethin' to say?