Friday, February 27, 2009

I am officially in California on an adventure that began six days ago.  I will be blogging with more frequency when I have a place to live.
Here are some things I've learned the past six days:
  1. It doesn't matter how old you are, sometimes you still need your mommy.
  2. Just because you've gotten A's in school doesn't mean you get an A in life.
  3. Cacti are really, really cool in the desert.
  4. Marriage is awesome and it sucks to be away from your spouse for an extended period of time.
  5. I drove forty miles on a five-lane highway, had a rough first day of work, and made it back to where I am staying without taking a Xanax, crying, or being scared.  Sometimes confidence peeks out when you least expect it and more importantly, when you most need it.
  6. Just because technically you don't have home doesn't mean you still can't miss it.
  7. California is as beautiful as I remember.
Well, I should have time to tell all my stories this weekend.  Later!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! good for you. So, what grade would you give yourself in life? Sounds like you deserve an A just for the fact you didn't lose your shit. I look forward to new stories and pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Got somethin' to say?