Thursday, January 22, 2009

Grumblings and Ramblings

I am feeling a bit tired and salty as of late. So in that vein, here's a list of the top 8 irritations in my life:
  1. The guys who work at Valvoline (no, I don't want a stupid air filter).
  2. Waitresses in a hurry and make me order something I don't want to eat.
  3. People who say "thanks much" or write "thanx" instead of "thanks." It's one extra letter!
  4. People who call only to put me on hold.
  5. Slow baristas.
  6. $180 Textbooks.
  7. The Gap.
  8. Blank pages.
  9. Writing when there's nothing to write about.
  10. Writer's block because I haven't been anywhere or done anything lately.

I am kind of dissapointed in my posts lately. They have been barely mediocre. I started up another semester at school and am taking many writing classes so I am hopeful that from now on my posts will be both thrilling and thoughtful! My first creative writing assignment was to write a short story in exactly one hundred words. I encourage you to give it a whirl; it is kind of fun. Here it is:

The man could not believe that after thirty-five years it was over. However, by the gray in her face and the snarl in her hair he could tell it was true this time. The cold way she told him to get out left him exasperated, yet relieved.

He ambled down to Market Street and made a decision. The man pulled of his sullied fedora, reached into his pocket, and pulled out creased dollars. The money passed to a man selling yellow roses.

The man walked back up the street to her knotted wooden door and knocked. She was already gone.

**Now that I read the story again, it is kind of a downer. I need happier posts, I think

***For a happier post on inauguration party hilarity check out this by The Bloggess.

0 Blue Plate Specials:

Post a Comment

Hey you! Got somethin' to say?