Thursday, January 15, 2009

What Was The Best Thing Before Sliced Bread?

Today was an exciting day. In fact I feel like I have been waiting for this day my entire life. There are mornings when you wake up and know something great is going to happen to you and then there are the days of spontaneous greatness. Today’s random display of awesomeness came as a surprise. Of what mind-blowing wonder am I talking about? Chedd’s. Yep that’s right. Chedd’s.

Chedd’s is a miracle. A whole restaurant devoted to the oft overlooked delicacy known asThe Grilled Cheese.Upon entering this superior establishment you will notice that it is quite cozy. The tables are as orange as cheddar and the wall behind the counter is covered with Wisconsin license plates (you get a free sandwich if you bring one in). The lunch rush was over but there was still some hustle and bustle. Astonishingly, a table opened up.There were about four sandwiches I was choosing between when I opted for A French Kiss (the name of the sandwich).

This glorious delight included garlic and herb jack, gorgonzola, onion, sun dried tomato spread, and pizza sauce on focaccia bread. It was scrumptious.A hearty sandwich; but one that you could finish in one sitting. A little bit greasy, but other than that, the sandwich was pretty remarkable. The cheese to onion to pizza sauce ratio was stupendous.Chedd’s has made my day. With menu items such as The Buff Hamster, A Man From Iowa, Hot Gobbler, and The Oinky, what’s not to love? Giant cheese-hats off to Chedd's.

1 comment:

  1. I am a bit jealous. what a fantastic resturant idea though. I've got a couple Wisconsin plates in my garage I could send you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey you! Got somethin' to say?